Topic View: Flat | Threaded
Lonesome Cowboy Bill
Lonesome Cowboy Bill
356 posts

Re: THERE IS NO 'NEW' Wooden Shjips LP, that's for sure
May 13, 2009, 14:49
Popel Vooje wrote:
Hunter T Wolfe wrote:

Maybe a temporary glitch- I'm sure my local record shop still has the CD. I bought the vinyl and got a code to download the whole thing as MP3s- if you really can't buy it anywhere, let me know and I'll pass that on.

Yes - I suspect that what's happened is that the label didn't, or couldn't, press up enough copies to meet demand, and that there'll be another batch pressed up as soon as the costs of releasing the first pressing have been recouped. Same thing happened to Husker Du when they made "Zen Arcade" - SST only pressed 3,000 and they all sold out within a fortnight, meaning it wasn't available for several months afterwards.

I've had it on order from amazon for two weeks, and on the advice of Lonsome Cowboy Bill I'm going to try Rough Trade East as well, but if they don't come up trumps I may well take you up on your kind offer...

I know they had it on cd yesterday, not sure about the vinyl. They'll prob have the 2nd disc still going as well. Great shop. It's near to my work so I do find myself dropping by in my lunch hours, if only for a browse and to hear what they're playing in there. They do a good chocolate milkshake too.
Topic Outline:

Unsung Forum Index