The Horrors new LP

70 messages
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
keith a
9573 posts

Re: The Horrors new LP
May 12, 2009, 18:54
IanB wrote:

There is nothing quite as sad as a middle aged man being down with da indie kids in an attempt to stay current. The cultural comb-over.

What? If that's a dig at me it's mis-placed, seeing as most of my fave's are - sadly! - knocking on a bit these days. I will not, however, refuse to listen someone because they young and I'm not - sadly!

Bloody hell! How bitter must that be?

IanB wrote:

I do suspect Keith that you would be far less generous to anyone of the age of 25 basing their career on say the second and third Scorpions records.

Well seeing as I don't like The Scorpions I'd be unlikely to like someone's who is influenced by them.

IanB wrote:

Which is where you and I always part company - the point where taste assumes the consistency of a concrete vantage point. A vantage point from which it is possible to argue that one kind of pop music is in essence more valuable than another.

Perhaps you need to re-read some of your posts here. You're as guity of that as anyone here, surely?

IanB wrote:

As Alan Bennett has it in the History Boys "his crap or my crap - it makes no difference". As for whose crap makes into the pantheon, to misquote Chou En-lai, "Ii's too early to tell". Ephemera is in the eye of the beholder and it really is *all* ephemera. As a Dollar fan you really must see that, no?

Well I like a couple of singles, but I wouldn't say I'm a fully paid member of their fan club. Anyway, I dunno what you're on about. I just thought they had catchy tunes and a nice production.
Topic Outline:

Unsung Forum Index