The Horrors new LP

70 messages
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
Jasonaparkes
Jasonaparkes
876 posts

Re: The Horrors new LP
May 09, 2009, 22:50
My only point about the shoegaze references and acts sounding like them applies to the Krautrock references here - fucking everyone is doing them. Some of the acts making these references are managing to make something new - School of Seven Bells were very interesting live.

The Horrors, after about 14 people purchased their debut, were looking for the cliche that is the new sound...just at the point loads of other acts start making these references. So (1) it's pretty dull they're on a reference bandwagon, especially after Kasabian and Death Cab for Cutie (2) & a shame that when they make the generic references they don't make much of them. A failure to transcend these influences - that KD motorik beat is all over the record! It seems fair to also point out that (3) The songs suck.

Brett Anderson did have a whiff of Peter Murphy/the more hysterical Devoto - he was the vocalist I thought of the most, apart from the bloke from Interpol on a couple. It's an opinion and I'll stick with Don't Believe the Hype...
Topic Outline:

Unsung Forum Index