Hunter T Wolfe
Hunter T Wolfe
1709 posts

Re: The Horrors new LP
May 12, 2009, 19:09
IanB wrote:
Hunter T Wolfe wrote:
IanB wrote:
Though in this day and age if you are not good looking, or at least striking in a cartoon manner, then you are probably fucked either way.

Ahem... Coldplay? Elbow? The Kaiser Chiefs? .

All 90s bands. All last century.

What's in the music press, what 30 year olds listen to and what teenagers are getting hot and bothered over are miles apart. It's all gone very boys-will-be-girls and J-Rock of the Dir En Grey variety. Tokio Hotel (who are German) being a pretty good example of the look. No idea what the music is like and I am not sure anyone cares.

Nineties bands?

Coldplay- first album released in 2000.

Kaiser Chiefs- first album released in 2005.

Elbow- first album released in 2001.

All three still shifting huge amounts. Tokio Hotel have had one charting single in the UK. It reached number 77. And we weren't neccesarily talking about what 17 year olds listen to, were we? I thought you were just listing the requirements generally neccesary to have a successful music career these days. You made some good points, too. I'm just nit-picking, really.

And yes, Mooncat, I will grant you that Elbow have so much more to them than Coldplay. My point was that they managed to achieve their success without exactly being glammed up pretty boys.
Topic Outline:

Unsung Forum Index