Did anyone at the time...

70 messages
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
eyeshakingking
eyeshakingking
379 posts

Re: Did anyone at the time...
Nov 21, 2008, 01:12
personally, ive never listened to anything julian cope has ever produced. i admire him, i have copies of KRS & JRS, and i saw him live at the portished atp (which was great 'fun' more so than anything else) but thats about as fas as it goes. in short: i ONLY know of him as the erudite rock n roll barbarian, nothing else.

im here ( HH ) because i like his taste in music basically and i like to check the drudion reviews & AOTM's. i have wanted to rectify this situation and buy one of his albums for quite a while, but never got around to it. im sure im not the only one here who has never heard an album of his, am i?

a krautrock obsessive friend of mine strongly recommended 'rome wasnt burned in a day', he seemed to think it was the most indicative of julians taste and the most representative of the albums he likes to champion on this site, but in all my time posting here, i have heard very little mention of this record. even when black sheep came out and there were threads upon threads of people reappraising his back catalog and reassessing older albums by black sheep standards etc etc this one was left out! i know everyone here is likely to have their favourites, but i have to ask, is this album the place to start? or should i instead buy black sheep & work backwards, or buy some teardrop explodes and work forwards?
cheers
Topic Outline:

Unsung Forum Index