70 messages
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
jimspooner
jimspooner
8 posts

Re: Did anyone at the time...
Nov 16, 2008, 17:50
Brik wrote:
Imagine Julian Cope to become the 'prophet'/'erudite barbarian'/'rock god'/'nutter'/'whatever you like' that he is now?

Wasn't aware that he was one!! Personally I think Cope just wants to be adored and puts up any front to achieve it. I've read some interviews with him, I don't really see any sincerity there, as soon as someone objects to what he's saying he changes tune almost instantly! And as for that Joe Strummer memorial farce, well farce was the word there. I saw a few minutes in cardiff, thought it was a joke to be honest. Don't see any meaning in the Joe Strummer memorial part

I came across Cope back when Peggy Suicide was released, thought it was a good album, Jehovahkill wasn't bad. A mate of mine played me some of his more recent stuff, and though it was dreadful. Dark Orgasm I think it was, quite possibly one of the worst albums I've heard.

Anyway, apart from that Cope's doing the music he wants, pretty much the same as many other established artists. Cope's just got a bigger mouth!
Topic Outline:

Unsung Forum Index