U-Know! Forum »
The weak forum project..

48 messages
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
Moon Cat
9577 posts

Re: The weak forum project..
Jan 21, 2009, 14:48
I don't think there's any apologies from you needed about raising the points you did Stray - you asked valid questions and it's always good to have a bit of a mental Spring Clean and see what's what on here from time to time. Interesting that such a discussion should arise at this point in time, on the cusp of such potential and change in the world.

I guess U-Know has just, like the rest of the site, evolved. Maybe in a years time it'll all be about cake recipes and cat maintenance and Holy will have to make another forum.

And I think it should be noted that just because people aren't replying or debating a subject doesn't mean they're not reading it and taking it on board. I've often read stuff on here and felt no real need to respond or add to it simply because someone has already said it with greater clarity and with a greater knowledge of the subject they're writing about. I suppose it's a bit like asking questions on HH as a whole. I've often asked questions about a band or a subject that I know I could probably google it and get the info I'm after, but I like the sharing of info with like-minded souls with whom you've developed something of a relationship with because A) it's a cool thing to do, and B) More often than not you're more likely to get a more informed, impassioned and maybe even downright funnier answer to your question than simply a google-sourced set of dry facts.

Actually, that's another strength of U-Know that shouldn't be over-looked; it allows for humour to be used even when BIG issues are being discussed. I'm sure on other sites there's a risk of being booted off for lack of appropriate gravitas when debating, whereas on here you can be as glib or as deep as you like, and given the often frankly absurd state of play in modern politics today, I think the room to take the piss is welcome if not an absolute necessity!
Topic Outline:

U-Know! Forum Index