48 messages
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
shanshee_allures
2563 posts

Edited Jan 20, 2009, 19:09
Re: The weak forum project..
Jan 20, 2009, 19:06
stray wrote:

Links to validate them. What ? Are you saying that posts with nothing to back them up are preferable ? seriously ? You prefer posts like the one locodogz recently posted where he plucked figures from his imagination to justify himself ? Or are you saying you prefer to take posts on face value, believe them, and don't expect the poster to actually prove or substantiate their argument ?

No, I refer to posts without 'links' in the context of a those that are examples of personal gripes that may not have an accompanying reference point but can be of some interest to others. I posted one about how I find it abhorrent that state schools offer school trips ranging from day trips to Bognor to a week's skiing in Switzerland and the social inequality that causes in a supposedly socially equal environment. I didnlt provide any data or nowt but I didn't think it was necessary considering. I got some interesting responses I don't think I would've got on the V.P, just coz the nature of it seems different to me. Everyone who was interested enough sort of 'treated' it fairly seriously too for the same reason I guess. Too tame perhaps, but my intentions were honest all the same.
x
Topic Outline:

U-Know! Forum Index