Topic View: Flat | Threaded
stray
stray
2057 posts

Edited Jan 20, 2009, 23:50
Re: The weak forum project..
Jan 20, 2009, 23:14
handofdave wrote:
'Stay sharp, because there's someone always ready to take away what you've fought for.'

Oh its definitely that and not the other, as I said in the VP I've noticed, at least here in the UK, a serious step backwards culturally in terms of the representation of women, as well as a near on complete sidelining of feminist politics in general. I would even go so far as to lay the blame for that at the door of some Third Wave Feminist theories.

Its interesting you raise the similarity with the African American struggle. In fact, to me it relates to most of the movements that appeared or were radicalised in the late 1960s. This is where I feel the D&G article I posted among the links above about May 68 is an interesting read. Purely interesting though only as a possible analysis, it offers no solution of course.

Edit : Well, no real solution anyway. I really must read some Paul Virilio again, now I'm a grown up.

I could go on whining for a very long time on this subject, but I've found an advert from the US that does it a lot more eloquently than I could.
Check this image..
http://img223.imageshack.us/img223/7366/shepardfaireysaksfifthaca7.jpg

heh, Feminism and revolutionary politic subsumed and destroyed in one fell swoop. It's quite impressive.
Topic Outline:

U-Know! Forum Index