48 messages
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
stray
stray
2057 posts

Re: The weak forum project..
Jan 19, 2009, 17:55
handofdave wrote:
I might be completely off base, but are you suggesting that talking is a pointless waste of time unless it is accompanied by action?

And are we obliged to think that we must either act in response to every injustice across the planet or none at all?

This IS primarily a music forum. Perhaps if you think there are forums out there that better serve the aims of changing the world you could share some URLs... that'd be a good way to make your point.

No, no I'm not saying its a waste of time at all HOD. I was just wondering if there were people like me who thought that maybe yeah.. you know, maybe we need to raise our game a bit. Just trying to provoke a little self analysis of our little forum here is all I'mdoing. I mean, yeah, I don't mind that much personally about the content of this forum.

To be perfectly honest I don't go into online poltical discussion of world events much, and tend to look for academic analysis of politics and ideas (yep, I've gone from activist to pointless navel gazing insufferable intellectual arse).

I know this is primarily a music forum, but way back U-Know was a lot more than that, and it's reason for being was a lot more than what to me it is now, just venting in an echo chamber.

As for URLs, well the goons keep me entertained...

http://forums.somethingawful.com/forumdisplay.php?forumid=46
and the excellant
http://forums.somethingawful.com/forumdisplay.php?forumid=201
Laissez's Fair is without doubt a left wing and liberal echo chamber, but its a damn sight more entertaining than this place.

Annoyingly for me both of these are very US centric, although there are reasonably global in interest.

I also go to a lot of right wing forums, just for giggles, but I won't post the URLs here.

PLEASE! If anyone has good european, or UK political forum URLs then share them also.
Topic Outline:

U-Know! Forum Index