48 messages
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
stray
stray
2057 posts

Edited Jan 20, 2009, 19:26
Re: The weak forum project..
Jan 20, 2009, 19:21
Ah right, I get what you mean. I still reckon you'ld have got the same discussion in VP though.

I'm not saying things are too tame here, or too fluffy non-issue. It would be wrong to judge anyones concerns in the wider context of world events as being irrelevant. I'm not saying that, I think a functioning U-Know could actually carry issues of all weights and importance.

I get this kind of thing a lot at the moment while I'm immersing myself in modern feminist theory. Feminist issues that are genuine issues here, in the US and europe are easily attacked as being pointless when viewed against the suffering and inequalities of women in Africa, Russia, Iran, Saudi Arabia etc, etc. BUT they're still bloody issues, and they still need addressing. (I could go on for a long time here, as to the importance of dealing with first world feminist issues, but I won't.)

Attacking something because its seemingly an unimportant issue in the grand scheme of things is to me a hideous politic. So yeah, keep posting that stuff I'm saying.

But see, right now, while Obama has been sworn in the best discussion has been in the VP.

Edit : Or rather, the only discussion of the event is in the VP.
Topic Outline:

U-Know! Forum Index