Topic View: Flat | Threaded
stray
stray
2057 posts

Edited Jan 20, 2009, 23:31
Re: The weak forum project..
Jan 20, 2009, 23:29
Moon Cat wrote:
I certainly think there might have been flame out instances on U-Know in the past that might have put people off sticking their heads back in here again. I know I've looked at some threads and groaned cos someone's gone off on one and shit is flung hither and thither. Thing is, if Head Heritage is to function as the thing it seems to have become i.e. evolving from essentially an artists info website into a community, then I suppose it's only natural that the sense of community might take priority over the urge to harangue and cajole a debate into action. Call me a wuss, but I certainly favour the "play nice" line over "Do you want some you reactionary Capitalist Dog" simply because I like this place and the people in it and I think a bit of harmonious banter is fairly welcome at this moment in time.

I think U-Know is a thing worth having and for myself, have read interesting things on it and I think it functions pretty good in the context of Head Heritage as a whole.

Well, yeah, I've come to pretty much the same conclusions over the last couple of days. Guess I'm a bit nostalgic for the old rants and raves, that and I'm going through a kind of resurrection of my old activist self due to the work I'm up to at present.

Yes, it has become quite a community here, a quite closed one though I feel. I have no problem with that really though, how could I, I'm a poster from FBB ffs. ;) I'm beginning to see its not being a wuss as you describe, its just a very, very different place for discussing issues to the norm online.

I think the conclusion I've come to is that, yeah, we don't bother talking much about the big issues of the day because, well, we know we are pretty much going to agree entirely on them so what would be the point. It does also I think serve as a good sounding board to sharpen your theories in, as PMM suggests. So, it's not a political forum exactly, it's more of a serious spin off from the VP. As in, its a place where your issues will stay on the front page of the forum long enough for people to see/digest and get into. Yeah ?

I would like to apologise to everyone for getting into this so damn seriously, it's all down to some odd changes I'm going through. ;) As you know I don't post that much really and I've had a bit of splurge here and there recently. It'll pass soon, promise, it has to, I should be working.
Topic Outline:

U-Know! Forum Index