Vote Obama

40 messages
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
duckbreath
254 posts

Edited Oct 06, 2008, 23:13
Re: Vote Obama
Oct 06, 2008, 22:50
I don't see it like this - if you examine Bush's record he didn't serve the religious right very well in his 2 terms - it was lip service - he served the libertarian right and this is what Palin/McCain will do.

The best example was with the Rehnquist and Sandra Day o'connor replacements - Roberts and Myers were the least religiously obsessed supreme court nominations Bush could have possibly got away with - the religious right freaked out with him for that and threatened to withdraw all support - they were genuinely shocked when they realised he couldn't give a shit about Roe v Wade

The religious creationists are a bit of a joke to the real people with power in the US. Notice the way Palin has very quickly denied being a creationist and said she isn't interested in legislating against abortion even though that is her personal view...

The libertarian right aren't interested in the moral crusade they just want the big houses. If Obama wins it is because he isn't a threat to corporate america. He's just a pretty face to make the hollywood crowd feel happy. The capitulation of the Democratic party is pretty sick making to me... if I was American I'd be voting for Nader and Moby can go fuck himself as well...
Topic Outline:

U-Know! Forum Index