40 messages
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
Popel Vooje
5373 posts

Edited Oct 01, 2008, 22:22
Re: Vote Obama
Oct 01, 2008, 19:27
{quote="grufty jim"]

But the more I see of Palin, the more I realise that electing McCain will put America within a statistically likely heart-attack of having an even dumber, even more vindictive and virulent religious neocon as president. That woman is incredibly dangerous and McCain is in his 70s. Not a good combination.

So don't vote Obama because you think he'll bring hope and change and apple-pie back to the American dream. He won't.

But do vote Obama to make sure Palin never gets anywhere near the reins of power. She's a menace and needs to be opposed.[/quote]

That's exactly the conclusion I came to after reading two legnthy articles in the Independent on Sunday which outlined in detail her views on just about every issue she's made a public stand on.

The fact that she's 100% anti-abortion - even in rape cases - and the fact that she supports the funding of church-based therapy courses in order to "straighten out" gay people was enough in itself to swing my vote. And that's just scratcing the surface. Not only that, she's both ignorant of foreign affairs - having never travelled outside of the US except for a one-day business trip to Germany - and extremely ambitious, which is also not a good combination, to put it mildly.
Topic Outline:

U-Know! Forum Index