Vote Obama

40 messages
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
Popel Vooje
5373 posts

Edited Oct 06, 2008, 21:25
Re: Vote Obama
Oct 03, 2008, 11:35
For what it's worth, I agree with pretty much everything you've said on here. I don't think you're being self-righteous at all, just pragmatic. And for me thie issue does resonate with the same urgency here in the UK, because whoever gets elected in the US has a major knock-on effect onm what happens to us (the Iraq war being the most obvious and recent example).

Our next election could welll prove to be just as cruicial. Politically the country is in a similar shape now to how it was in the late 70s - recession, energy crises, four-day weeks, the BNP winning council seats
an ineffectual Labour government that everybody's tired of, but whom I'll probably end up voting for as it's looking as though like the only alternative is going to be a return to the deregulation and public spending cuts of the Thatcher years.

I'd love to see the Green Party come to power over here too, but it just ain't going to happen, and now is not a good time to be putting long-term ideological beliefs before immediate practicalities, however justified those beliefs are.
Topic Outline:

U-Know! Forum Index