Vote Obama

40 messages
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
handofdave
handofdave
3515 posts

Re: Vote Obama
Oct 03, 2008, 01:40
And one last thing, and then I'll shut my big ol' yank trap.

I DO ENCOURAGE AND SUPPORT the third parties IN THE RIGHT RACES.

There are races they CAN win, and races they cannot.

When it's a given that the turnout for your party will be ignored by the press, capture a single digit fraction of the entire vote, completely fail to capture the larger public attention or imagination, and probably serve to reinforce the public perception of your party as a fringe bunch, it's time to retreat, regroup, and take a different strategy.

The Green party in the USA can do itself some favors... it can do a better job of keeping certain anti-semitic attitudes in check, it can do a better job of letting ordinary Americans know that there is common ground in their goals, it can gently but firmly extract itself from the antics of the more outrageous interpretations of 'liberal' (let's be real, we've got our nut brigade just like the right), and it can do itself a huge favor by getting off it's impossibly high horse and accepting that they might have to get their hands dirty and some of their assumptions put to the test by aligning with the Democrats, just for now, anyway, in deposing the Republicans.

AND THEN! They should work hard at local and state politics. The big federal elections are out of their reach right now.

After they've gotten some cred on the state level, on to Congress. Put a few Greens there, and the White House would be far more achievable.
Topic Outline:

U-Know! Forum Index