40 messages
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
handofdave
handofdave
3515 posts

Re: Vote Obama
Oct 02, 2008, 14:51
grufty jim wrote:
Having just called for an Obama vote, you seem to be doing your best to drive me away from that position and back to endorsing a third-party, handofdave.

No, just asking that we don't oversimplify this by sticking with the idea, that's floated by the right AND some in the left, that Obama's worth is strictly that of a spoiler for the Republicans.

I find that a somewhat condescending view. He's an intelligent, articulate guy who has to carry a wide and sometimes fractious party to a retaking of the Presidency, and I think he can do it. Is he compromised? Yes. Is it possible for a completely uncompromised individual to get anywhere near the White House? Well, we've seen how Nader did.

I hope you don't think I'm anti-leftist. I admire Nader greatly and I think he's right about campaign reform, green energy, etc. He just can't win the White House at present.

I have to reiterate. My only concern right now is seeing the Republicans ousted. We share that position. Don't get me wrong and think we aren't on the same page with that.
Topic Outline:

U-Know! Forum Index