40 messages
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
handofdave
handofdave
3515 posts

Re: Vote Obama
Oct 03, 2008, 00:59
PMM wrote:
you've said that people that stand up for what they believe in are selfish, that they are egocentric, and that they are in some way class traitors

Let's say that you are a peace activist witnessing a man beat up his wife. Do you think it's more admirable to adhere to your principles of not striking out at another human being, or do you clock the bastard before he kills the poor woman?

I don't think that's all that loaded an analogy. The Republicans as a whole are remorseless mass murderers with a taste for sadism and robbery. To refrain from the most achievable course of action in removing them is selfish.

I sometimes think some on the left are more comfortable not being in power... after all, it's much easier to just remain the underdog, where ideals cannot be tested on the big stage.

In truth, the Democrats have BEEN this for the last ten years.. they've been incredibly lame about choosing candidates that can actually win. I could see Gore and Kerry's defeat coming..

This is not the case with Obama. He's on a roll, he's got people excited... it's historic. And I'm looking forward to seeing a change of face in the White House, even if it's not the BEST option. It's a BETTER option that actually has a chance of success.
Topic Outline:

U-Know! Forum Index