40 messages
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
handofdave
handofdave
3515 posts

Re: Vote Obama
Oct 02, 2008, 12:34
And?

I'd love to see a more parliamentary system that could include the progressive parties.

But this is America, and the hard reality of the situation is, it's either gonna be Obama/Biden or McCain/Palin.

If we don't get a healthy enough margin for Obama, McCain's cronies in the Supreme Court will give it away to McCain, just like they did for Bush.

It's all well and good to be politically active outside the two major parties in this country, but I don't see any chance that an independent can win on a general nationwide election.

What they should be doing is exactly what the Republicans did... work from the ground up, with local and state elections. If they can get a toehold on that, they might have a shot at the White House.

But you can't win the big tamale in this country by coming out of nowhere and espousing a left wing wish list. It's not wasted energy, but it's not going to get them anywhere unless they can climb a few more ladders in less prominent political contests. I wish them the best.

But for now, let's just try to rid 1600 Penn. Ave. of the Republicans. That takes priority.
Topic Outline:

U-Know! Forum Index