40 messages
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
handofdave
handofdave
3515 posts

Edited Oct 03, 2008, 00:18
Re: Vote Obama
Oct 02, 2008, 23:56
The Democrats have been terribly ineffective, yes. But they are the other major party... there is no such thing as a third party with the requisite mass and influence to take on the Republicans.

You would have me bet for Harriet Tubman to take on Leon Spinks in the boxing ring.

I might feel like I had more integrity afterwards, but I'd still lose in a big way.

You may think I'm being 'offensive' here.. what I find offensive is the suggestion that I don't know what I'm doing in voting for Obama, or worse, that I do, and I'm merely supporting another corporate master.

I'D LIKE to see socialized medicine in my lifetime, as you have. Under the Republicans, forget it.

I'D LIKE to see the US quit stomping around the globe at the whim of psychopaths. McCain is a maverick all right... he may just pull one of his rages in office and blow us all the fuck up.

I'D LIKE to stop hearing how Americans are stupid. I've had to hear it more than once here on these boards, and tho I don't take it personally, it's embarrassing. I'm no superpatriot, just a guy who was born here, but I'd love to see it turn around.

And I find it offensive being told that my pragmatism cancels out MY ideals, which are almost identical to yours. I'm not going to be browbeaten into thinking I've sold myself out because I think that the most realistic way to end the GOP stranglehold on the federal government is to kick the fuckers out of the White House and as many seats in Congress and the Senate as possible. If the Dems do worse than the Repubs at the job, well, so be it. But the damage the Republicans can and have done is a known. They MUST BE OUSTED.

Once that's done, Washington will be a friendlier town for the more progressive parties.

WE HAVE THE SAME ENDS IN MIND!!!!
Topic Outline:

U-Know! Forum Index