64 messages
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
handofdave
handofdave
3515 posts

Re: The Jamie Oliver Swindle -
Feb 01, 2008, 10:51
This thread has gotten a bit nasty.

Why don't we all just agree that for our health, there are sensible ways to eat that don't require we follow manifestos from diet gurus. Stay off the junk food, but hell, if you fancy some from time to time, don't feel like a fallen soul. There's far worse 'crimes' than indulging in a bag of crisps.

I get a chuckle out of the constant war of positions taken by all these hucksters... who usually have a book or a line of overpriced supplements to sell.

I remember once being told by a couple who'd gotten into macrobiotics that spinach was bad for you. Wha?

My wife and I are hoping to buy up a lonely little third-of-an-acre piece of property next to our house at some point (hopefully before someone else gets the same idea) and turn much of it into veg gardens, perhaps get a couple chickens. Grow our own and quit giving our money to big agro. In the meantime, I'm not thinking with every bite I take about the politics or the calories or whatever. That sort of obsessive worrying can definitely make you sick!
Topic Outline:

U-Know! Forum Index