64 messages
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
Merrick
Merrick
2148 posts

Re: The Jamie Oliver Swindle -
Feb 01, 2008, 14:01
mole wrote:
One day we will die... you can not prevent it.

No, but can do things to encourage or discourage it.

Yes we will all die. Does that mean that walking along the street is as sensible as driving the wrong way up the M1 with my eyes closed?

And it's not just about the ultimate lack of health, but what happens while we're still alive. You exhort people to 'enjoy life', in which case shouldn't we be discouraging people from eating badly. I presume people who get out of breath easily, have reduced brain function and diabetes aren't really enjoying those things.

mole wrote:
Con artists specializing in Healthy eathing target and exploit the most vulnerable among us, often children, teens and low income consumers.

And what about the other, far larger, con artists who spend far more targeting children and the like? Why do you think McDonald's have a clown and came up with giving toys away with happy meals? (and called them something as infantile and glib as 'happy meals'?)

Regarding the far greater and more serious problem of promoting unhealthy food as cool, I couldn't put it better myself;

mole wrote:
Unfortunately, there’s a great deal of complacency and ignorance about this fraud. Many professionals shrug it off as not their concern. Consumers seldom complain.

Regulatory agencies plead budget constraints and more pressing problems. But we can no longer afford to be complacent
Topic Outline:

U-Know! Forum Index