U-Know! Forum »
The Jamie Oliver Swindle -

64 messages
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
Rhiannon
5291 posts

Re: The Jamie Oliver Swindle -
Jan 31, 2008, 11:56
I think the people being conned are the ones buying preprepared food thinking it's tasty and good for you. I think Jamie Oliver's right to encourage people to make their own dinners rather than put money into the pockets of huge supermarkets.

I also can't understand why people think it's more expensive to eat healthily - what's more expensive, a bag of fresh vegetables or a bag of frozen dinners? Ok I know some very poor people on big housing estates may not be able to easily get to places where they can buy fresh vegetables.. but that's a different issue really. Making your own dinner from scratch is infinitely cheaper and healthier, and it doesn't have to be fancy or time consuming (I should know).

I think he's empowering people to look at the decisions they can make about their own lives. I think it's good.

Ok eat what you want and be happy. I eat chips and chocolate and curries and all sorts. But eating yourself into an early grave isn't really making you happy is it. And knowingly eating crap with christknowswhat in it put there for the benefit of supermarket profits is just daft.
Topic Outline:

U-Know! Forum Index