The Jamie Oliver Swindle -

64 messages
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
shanshee_allures
2563 posts

Re: The Jamie Oliver Swindle -
Feb 02, 2008, 12:00
mole wrote:

Today and under the Thacther Goverment most of the Council houses have been sold. In turn the accompanying land has bee sold to errect rabbit hutches for desperate property owners.

Well most of the 'council houses' are still standing but they're just not council houses anymore (now belonging to 'property owners'), and I think that is a disgrace. We can't revert it but we do need to call a halt there. When I was a kid we lived in a massive 4 bedroom shebang with a garden to die for but we had little money. Decent housing used to be for all. If anyone thinks the property revolution's been a good thing then as far as I'm concerned they must think Thatcher was right all along.

Alot of that 'land' you mention though was accrude from selling off school playing fields etc. Still no good. Shameful infact.

However Mole, it's ok not to like Jamie Oliver, but taking care of your diet is just a good idea, and zip all to do with him! It always has been, and we all know when we're getting it wrong.

I find things like Weight Watchers meals or any celeb endorsed slimming product a bit cynical. The food tends to be shit and full of sugar and nasty additives etc.

But all the good stuff in this world is just there and has nothing to do with marketing. OK some might try to 'coin it' a bit but ignore 'em if you choose. I watched one of his cooking shows and found his use of salt a bit disingenious (we don't like the stuff!). He does drizzle the oil a bit too much too!

x
Topic Outline:

U-Know! Forum Index