The Jamie Oliver Swindle -

Pages: 7 – [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 | Next ]
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
mole
210 posts

The Jamie Oliver Swindle -
Jan 30, 2008, 13:45
Fact

Some of us are Tall some of us are short some of us are lean and some of us are overweight.

One day we will die, no may bees we will It could happen today, tomorrow, next week, nest year or some time later in the furture but it will happpen.

It may be through Ill Health, Disease, Accident, Old Age you can not prevent it.

SO STOP WORRING ABOUT WHAT YOU EAT TO PRESERVE LIFE.

It is a swindle. the mieia has gone into over drive to control what you eat detials now flood the internet and other media.

In reality it causes numerous injuries and deaths every year; it fosters cultism, fear and distrust; it destroys, deceives and manipulates.

Con artists specializing in Healthy eathing target and exploit the most vulnerable among us, often children, teens and low income consumers.

Unfortunately, there’s a great deal of complacency and ignorance about this fraud. Many professionals shrug it off as not their concern. Consumers seldom complain.

Regulatory agencies plead budget constraints and more pressing problems. But we can no longer afford to be complacent about the current upsurge in fraud and quackery in the health field.

We are horrified at What our forefathers and even our own grandparents ate but they lived and died just like we will.

Have you been Conned. Enjoy Life its too short
cHARLIE
cHARLIE
2607 posts

Edited Jan 30, 2008, 14:42
Attention seeking Prat!
Jan 30, 2008, 14:12
Jamie Oliver is a forward thinker and is due some respect for the good work he has done!

God Mole you do talk a load of old Shite.

Don't worry I won't be responding to anymore of your rubbish posts.
you fucking Moron.
handofdave
handofdave
3515 posts

Re: The Jamie Oliver Swindle -
Jan 30, 2008, 15:16
[I'm of the opinion that we've extended lifespans to our own peril, actually. Westerners, 'specially Americans, are terrified of death and go to insane (and insanely expensive) medical lengths to extend life, even far beyond the point where life is worth living. Witness the Terry Schiavo case a few years back... this idea that keeping a human vegetable going at a cost of millions of dollars out of some misguided 'sanctity of human life' ideology is bonkers.

The west is, as we speak, facing a geriatric tidal wave that's going to suck up vast sums of wealth that'd be better spent on someone else who isn't waiting around to die. Why are we pouring billions into surgery to keep 80 year old patients alive another year or two?

Obviously, as far as diet goes, it'd be better if people weren't gulping down vast quantities of crap food, but people who are obsessed with what they eat are prey to hucksters who're lining their pockets.

I don't do much shopping at the health food stores. I simply can't afford it, for one. It's clear that the 'healthy food' industry targets affluent consumers who can absorb the inflated prices.
joudicca
joudicca
360 posts

Jan 30, 2008, 15:30
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/main.jhtml?xml=/news/2008/01/27/nhs127.xml
shanshee_allures
2563 posts

Jan 30, 2008, 15:33
handofdave wrote:

The west is, as we speak, facing a geriatric tidal wave that's going to suck up vast sums of wealth that'd be better spent on someone else who isn't waiting around to die. Why are we pouring billions into surgery to keep 80 year old patients alive another year or two?

It's a quoestion of 'distribution of wealth'. I haven't got a clue how we distribute wealth without it ensuing in one big riot.

You could however extend that logic to say, the likes of the guy my partner works with. He can't speak (can fortunately walk), has to have his food mashed, is doubly incontinent, and just sits and merrily squalks all day. He is only 25, needs 24 hour care (which will cost a hell of a lot), but is about as much 'use' to this place as say a dying 80 year old. But he has a life, albeit extremely limited by most people's experience of it.

We are dead forver, and I believe everyone deserves a life, for as long as they can relatively enjoy it. At the same time, I'm all for voluntary euthanasia too, so long as it can be strictly governed of course.

x
handofdave
handofdave
3515 posts

Edited Jan 30, 2008, 15:46
Jan 30, 2008, 15:42
It's a tough issue when you're talking about unfortunates like you illustrate, but I'll give you another example of what I'm trying to say... My father-in-law, who was very unhealthy due to a lifetime of sedentary overeating, went into a coma a number of years back and was stuck full of tubes and kept physically alive for months afterward, at a horrendous cost. Meanwhile, we have kids in this country who've never seen a pediatrician because their parents can't afford the outrageous insurance and medical bills.

You can call it wealth redistribution, but it's really more about inverted priorities.

... and the fact that the elderly have political clout doesn't play any small part in their ability to tilt the playing field in their direction, either.
embryonomore
embryonomore
853 posts

Jan 30, 2008, 16:02
I'd rather eat something that is clearly natural and meant to be eaten than a bunch of chemical ridden artificial junk, so fair play to the fat tongued twat I say.

I hear eating certain crappy foods can make your spelling erratic.

Know anything about that "Mole"?
shanshee_allures
2563 posts

Jan 30, 2008, 18:58
embryonomore wrote:

I hear eating certain crappy foods can make your spelling erratic.

Yeah, that's why my mum never allowed us to eat 'alphabetti spaghetti'.
;-)

x
shanshee_allures
2563 posts

Edited Jan 30, 2008, 20:31
Jan 30, 2008, 19:50
Horrible!
WTF are 'social abortions'?
I'm convinced more than most are done for 'social '(other than health) reasons. Things like not being emotionally ready, dad pissed of, no money or support etc. Oh and then there's the guilt to deal with at the back of it, but to fuck with that.

As for fatties and smokers, let's include dumb-arsed hill climbers and trekkers who end up dive bombing 30ft coz of their 'lifestyle choices'.
No wait those are 'wholesome' activites.

We're being fed this 'we can't afford to..' line so much and I'm fed up with it! They can spend zillions on 'defence', but don't ever dare have the audacity grow old and get sick! Bastards. Oh that, and crappy NHS administrative costs.
Grrrrrrrrr!
x
Bonzo the Cat
Bonzo the Cat
138 posts

Jan 30, 2008, 22:13
I think two things (actually quite a bit more usually, but it's evening):

(a) Yes, the quality food is only for the rich; I once posted something about that. Ecologically sound and healthy food costs money if one tries to sell it as mass consumption products. I mean, if you're gonna have a decently bred chicken, then moving it through your classic distribution channels is gonna rocket the price. The whole point of sound food is that there's less distance between breeder and consumer. In other words, the only way to make good food affordable is by trying to cut down on intermediates, which brings me to my second point.

(b) People should start to accept that one can't eat anything at anytime. I mean, people used to eat less meat, because meat was expensive (still is, but less so than it used to be). Now everybody wants a chicken, but nobody wants to raise one. And mass-production covers that... But a carrot, besides being, as Beefheart said, "as close as a rabbit gets to a diamond", are cheap. Season vegetables. Seasonal, local food.

I hear you saying, yes, but us ordinary folk can't eat the luxury stuff then, can we? And then I have to think about this Dutch writer who once said that Das Kapital could be summarised in two words: "More Money". well no, not everybody can have everything, it's simple. But that doesn't mean we have to accept that. On the contrary.

I hear often people say that the old politics are dead, that this whole class thing is backward. I don't need to convince anyone on this forum, but the class struggle, ancient concept, has never left us but just takes on new disguises. And it's being fit in those disguises deliberately.

What this whole food issue is, is nothing more or less than a genuine class struggle. It is a symptom of the failure to redistribute wealth, and an illustration of the way the less well-off classes are kept in the illusion that they are not so bad off, while in fact, while they may have tomatoes in winter, just like the rich, those of the poor have no taste.

Arf!
Pages: 7 – [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 | Next ] Add a reply to this topic

U-Know! Forum Index