112 messages
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
tjj
tjj
3606 posts

Re: It's all circles !
Aug 19, 2011, 09:54
Dear Sea Cat,

I have been reading the debate between you and HD ... and debate it is, courteous and respectful throughout. Very interesting indeed; to some extent I have travelled the same path as yourself and, being somewhat older, am further along it. Several years ago I became interested in holistic therapies, including reiki (having had a reiki session which left me feeling energised and 'well'). I went on to 'train' as a reiki practitioner and that is where the doubts crept in. The reiki 'master' lived in a big house with two expensive cars parked outside; I decided at that point if reiki works I would never charge money for doing it and in fact I only do it to friends and family (yes, and occasionally the cats). A friend with a painful knee reported an improvement straight away - how much this is channelling energy or mind over matter I don't know. I think there are many beneficial alternative therapies and many toxic orthodox ones. Its all about balance and to some extent intuition - many orthodox drugs for example have potentially lethal side effects. While I was learning aromatherapy I quickly realised that much (both beneficial and toxic) is absorbed through the skin.

As for crop circles, until I moved to Wiltshire I would have just (like so many aspects of the 'unknown') kept an open mind about it. However, have met too many people around the Avebury 'scene' who either know someone who makes them or are involved in some way themselves. They are all a little secretive about it but they give away clues. It can be a fabulous form of transitory art - but I still think the farmer should be compensated as the damage to crops often runs into hundreds of pound.

All the best!
Topic Outline:

The Modern Antiquarian Forum Index