112 messages
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
Sanctuary
Sanctuary
4670 posts

Re: It's all circles !
Aug 16, 2011, 06:55
StoneGloves wrote:
There's a new crop circle formation, just been reported, if someone wants to give Julian a nudge. Last night, probably, though no report whether it's 'genuine' or man-made yet. 'Off the A40, near Yatesbury'. That's all there is!

I am very open minded about crop circles as I don't believe in the alien theories but sometimes things happen that are not easy to explain. This is my own personal experience.
About 30 years or so ago when I lived in Hampshire, crop circles appeared every year at a place called Cheesefoot Head. It was an area where the road went around this huge bowl depression in the landscape. I lived at Alresford which is around 5 miles from Cheesefoot Head. One day when driving back from Winchester to Cheriton where we were building some field shelters for some horses I went Cheesefoot Head way and saw a large crop circle down in the fields that wasn't there the day before so drove straight home and got my camera. It took me no more that 20 minutes tops to make the journey there and back but when I got back there was another huge complex circle right next to it. I don't care what anyone says, it would have taken hours to build...but didn't!! The very fact that it was down in the deep depression of the field would have taken 20 minutes just to get down there let alone build it!!
Masses of people turned up then to see them. I went back after I'd finished work and there was yet another. Not a single circle this time and in an elevated field above it. It was in the shape of a dumbell for want of a better word. Two circles with a 'bar' between them. Speaking to a reporter from the Hampshire Chronicle who'd been there since lunchtime taking photos and interviewing people, he said the higher circles where not there one moment but there the next!!
I can't explain it and its quite unnerving when you witness it first hand so to speak.
Topic Outline:

The Modern Antiquarian Forum Index