It's all circles !

112 messages
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
GLADMAN
950 posts

Re: It's all circles !
Aug 14, 2011, 20:00
Howburn Digger wrote:
I have always found Mr Dawkins a non-ranting, non-shouting, quietly spoken, intelligent and learned Professor and gentleman....

Agree. Like a certain Mr Cope he is controversial because he is questionning what was supposed never to be questionned... on pain of death. Fine. Let his opponents put up their evidence to the contrary and let us have debates. As a scientist Dawkins states he is prepared to review theories as new evidence emerges. So why are his opponents so violently opposed to differing viewpoints backed up by comprehensive evidence? Lots and lots of it. Isn't it just intellectual debate? Trouble is the 'evidence' put up by the theologians seems - to me anyway - to amount to 'we're right because voices in our head tell us we are'. However if those voices were to tell them 'kill them all', such people would rightly be committed as dangerously insane. I need more. Much, much more. Everything is possible since we clearly know so little of the universe. But 'do as I say because.... well, just because...' is not good enough.
Topic Outline:

The Modern Antiquarian Forum Index