141 messages
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
The Sea Cat
The Sea Cat
3608 posts

Re: Living Heritage Threat
May 01, 2011, 09:10
Littlestone wrote:
Yes heard that on the news this morning and thought the same TSC.

Although allotments don’t benefit the majority of us it’s a facet of our society that’s admired by many countries and should be protected. I’d like to see some changes though. Restrictions on what you can and cannot do on allotments need to be looked at if they’re going to survive. I had a lawn on part of mine, which was allowed and where I also grew flowers - great if you have young children but no garden of your own. Some local authorities allow beekeeping some don’t. Most allow you to keep rabbits but not hens.

Always thought one way to encourage a wider interest in allotments would be to allow allotment holders to sell their produce directly from their allotment if they wanted to – maybe that is allowed by some authorities but it isn’t by the one here.

Absolutely, but the issue that we're really referring to here is fundamental quality of life for the ordinary person/household etc. Allotments/Forests/Libraries/The Arts, and their vital importance, means absolutley nothing to this Government of asset stripping super priviledged philistines. Heritage, Culture and Knowledge is empowerment and that's a threat. We need to be put back in our rightful place, expect nothing, and be grateful for it. The sound of their jeering and braying when announcing the cuts was enough to make my blood turn cold and boil at the same time, if that's possible....
Topic Outline:

The Modern Antiquarian Forum Index