141 messages
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
Sanctuary
Sanctuary
4670 posts

Re: F/T (Fox topic) (now Deer)
Oct 26, 2010, 17:58
vivid wrote:
I can barely stay in this thread as the horrors are on the verge of overwhelming me, but I just want to add my support. I am a country dweller born and bred and I've known far too many hunters and shooters. I also abhor every farmer I've ever known - people think because they are country dwelling farmers that they are the experts of the 'ways of the contryside' and its management. They're not. Mono culture. DDT, organophosphates etc. Ripping up hedgerows + destroying ecosystems. BSE. You know the list.

In my experience, farmers will exploit people, animals and the land for maximum profit and I've witnessed some horrors, believe me.

And more bad news I've just heard. A reported trophy hunter from the South East has shot Emperor of Exmoor the fantastic deer that was 9ft tall. This majestic beast cut down and just left lying dead in a field. He became a bit of a star filling the national papers and that probably caused his demise. It really saddens me to see these animals slaughtered for no more than a bit of fun. What a lot of sick people there are about who actually enjoy this 'sport'.
Topic Outline:

The Modern Antiquarian Forum Index