The Modern Antiquarian Forum »
Living Heritage Threat

141 messages
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
vivid
103 posts

Re: F/T (Fox topic) (now Deer)
Oct 26, 2010, 20:00
I'm having to shut that out. I cried for a day when they announced the death of Caesar, the old stag from the Isle of Rum, on Autumnwatch a couple of years ago and that was 'only' from natural causes.

These issues are almost unbearably close to the bone for me as I'm still traumatised from witnessing animal abuse on farms when I was young, compounded by being surrounded by cruel psychopaths who argued with me - they had no qualms about any form of animal exploitation, even inc. testing cosmetics - and sealed by watching videos such as The Animals Film (shown on Channel 4 in the early 80s and featuring hell on earth) and Pennsylvania Primates - an undercover video from a US lab which showed monkeys being used for car crash tests and the people who worked there talking to them mockingly and laughing.

To be clear, I'm as horrified about cruelty to human beings in case people think I'm speciesist.

Sorry for going on in here - I just can't understand it all.

On a more positive note, shouldn't 'the wider us' hatch a plot to buy the woodland from under their noses? If so, could we guarantee to keep the developers and hunters at bay?
Topic Outline:

The Modern Antiquarian Forum Index