This topic is locked

217 messages
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
StoneGloves
StoneGloves
1149 posts

Re: More is the New Less
Jul 13, 2009, 22:17
Hey ! I follow the path of the builders of the megaliths. Which has correctly become the School of Western Astrology. You can probably take degrees in it, but I'm self tort. I'm schooled in environment management, formally, and carry the ancient tradition of stone building, through oral lore. I'm the self-proclaimed last of the drystone wallers - and have probably built about a mile and a half of top quality wall over a quarter century. I taught the skill, to post-graduate students, at NU for a bit more than two years.

The calendar comes about through dividing the solar year into equal parts based on the equinoxes and solstices. Lammas is halfway between the Summer Solstice and the Autumn Equinox. This year that's on August 7th. That's the date of Lammas. If you want to tell me that New Year's Day, next year, is on January 15th, please go ahead, but the rest of us will watch the fireworks a little more than a fortnight previously. It's the same with the neo-drewids. It's like asking me to respect the lass that lives near me and touches and whispers to every lampost she passes.
Topic Outline:

The Modern Antiquarian Forum Index