2009 Avebury Megameet
This topic is locked

217 messages
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
Chance
80 posts

2009 Avebury Megameet and Lammas
Jul 12, 2009, 22:56
Those who wish to wear costumes and play games should do so in the appropriate areas.

I have read all this from my first post - Posted by Chance 3rd July 2009ce 00:12
http://www.themodernantiquarian.com/forum/?thread=46043&message=668655

The line that PeteG claims is mis-information reads........

"TMA members are welcome to join the temporary camp on condition that they participate in at least one of the pagan ceremonies and/or the Lammas games. This is a stipulation made by the NT for allowing the pagan community to use the car park. Please respect this."

From this and this alone, PeteG and his cronies have tried to destroy the Sacred Sites Forum and the harmony of Avebury.

For those whom choose to search, Thelma (tjj), the offending post is clearly this one
http://www.themodernantiquarian.com/forum/?thread=46043&message=668657

this has been sent to various Avebury websites after solstice

" Tilia:
Was at Avebury yesterday for solstice celebration - would like to ask who the objectionable (and rather grubby) Druid was who swore and carried on at the wiccans who had just had a circle. I asked the NT woman, and she said he was the self appointed keeper of the stones....self appointed? That means without any authority but his own? Right. He was rude and not a good advertisment for Druidry or Avebury. The NT should be aware."

Are you saying that the NT will only allow people to camp as long as they listen to terrys rantings?
There are other pagans groups who want nothing to do with this bloke but who come to Avebury for their own spiritual purposes.
Having to attend a compulsory ceremony is outrageous!

Posted by Pete G 3rd July 2009ce 00:44

For the record let me state the following

Terry is not self appointed.
The time for approval of his office, for the proceeding twelve months, takes place at Samhain and yes, Terry is a 60 old that rides a few grubby old motorbikes

Any comments made by me concerning the Lammas games where in reference to being last year’s organiser.
I and I alone should be held accountable for the events of that took place that day.
Nothing that is posted here, on this topic, is a publicity stunt for the run up to this years' Lammas Games.
I was not self appointed but chosen by Gordon Reams, the Wiccan element of the pagan community.
Although this event is organised by the pagan community and is part of the Lammas festival, it does so by kind permission of the NT. Anybody and Everyone is allowed to join. Teams are always made up at the event.

Anyone wishing to attend any pagan events can find times and dates, along with other information concerning
the pagan community through the Avebury Circular or online at http://www.aveburycircular.co.uk.
Another, totally independent site worth visiting and downloading pdf is http://pagancalendar.co.uk.

Members of the Sacred Sites Forum Committee
I and most of the TMA forum would like and value your input.
Any "in-fighting" between any members should be noted but not accentuated on this or any other forum.
Sue has spoken of self appointed people and has clearly and persistently set herself up for such a role, Let it be so.
Please create a new topic under Avebury Sue, where such matters can be posted and meaningful dialogue established

As to any remarks about me being a self satisfied and self promoting ego driven character...
Me and my cycloptic friend will be around at Lammas and I shall continue to capture the pagan community
I cannot be everywhere at once, so if I don't record your activities, tough.
Video of previous Lammas events can be seen on my UTube channel - http://www.youtube.com/chippychance

With regard to the TMA Megameet itself
Hello everyone,
I know that none of this has put anyone off attending and you have more reason than ever to repeat last years comments.
If you do get any T shirts printed, Don't let the Louse steal Lammas would make an apt slogan for 2009…..

I would like to finish by saying a few words on this....

Posted by PeteG 12th July 2009ce 16:58 for and on behalf of, Mikki

"If I want to go to the Avebury event.

I want to keep my family and myself safe when attending organised events.... I was nearly sexually assaulted ( I had to fight to bastards of me and thank goodness a car pulled over and they fled) just a couple of months go and it has left me quite badly shaken. I do not want to be forced to stand in the presence of somebody that makes me feel uncomfortable."

Hi Mikki

Your concerns are justly stated, although your association with PeteG is not

If I were in your shoes, it would feel the same.
If you think anyone might try it on with you or your family, well just come.
Don't let anyone make you come and don't let anyone stop you from coming

Be strong child, don't let anyone take the Mikki.

Chance
Topic Outline:

The Modern Antiquarian Forum Index