Topic View: Flat | Threaded
Sian
15 posts

Re: 2009 Avebury Megameet - Other Events
Jul 07, 2009, 00:18
megadread wrote:
Sian wrote:
Hi everyone

Sorry I have been sent the link to the thread and thought I'd better come on and say something.

Firstly, I am the organiser of the Wiccan Ritual at Avebury that was mentioned above that Terry was 'unhappy' with. Just to say, ignore him, he has no authority at Avebury other than that which people give him. The incident sadly does give a bad impression to the tourists, however, if it continues, then the only person who appears foolish is obvious.

Secondly, I am on the Sacred Sites Forum Committee, and the rule of 'only attending a Druid ritual' is complete....bovine excrement. There is no such rule, there is no such request from the NT or anyone in authority. As someone has pointed out, there are many organised rituals going on, and many people who wish to attend to celebrate in their own way.

The campsite is for everyone, and the only requests anyone makes, is that the users of the campsite act in a responsible manner. That is noise levels are curbed after 1am, and that you keep the site clean and take your rubbish home with you.

Apart from that...come along and enjoy yourselves.

If anyone has any other questions on this matter, please feel free to post them on here and I will be only too happy to clarify the situation. I am going to a meeting about Lammas on Wednesday 8th July, so am quite happy to take questions with me if anyone has them.

BB
Sian

Thanks for that.
Could i ask, have the NT told you this "rule" is nonsense as they don't seem to be able to find time to reply to my e-mails regarding this matter.

I sit on the committee that arranges the camping and as one of the Pagan representatives that ensures that 'our' needs and wishes are voiced, there has been no such rule put in. I cannot say it any clearer, where ever this has come from it isn't from any of the organisers (formally) that negotiate and arrange the facilities for the campers. The committee includes the NT, the local and parish council, the police, EH, the local vicar, Terry Dobney, Piers, Nick and myself to represent the Pagan community and a member of the local residents association.

Just to clarify the situation, I will raise this on Wednesday and get it formally noted in the minutes, and come back to you with the response.

BB
Sian
Topic Outline:

The Modern Antiquarian Forum Index