217 messages
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
Pete G
Pete G
3506 posts

Edited Jul 12, 2009, 18:03
Re: Other Events
Jul 12, 2009, 16:58
Pete. I have just decided to sign up to that forum, but it will still not let me sign in to add a response.I was going to explain why I asked such a question. If anybody wants to put this on there feel free to add.

It all started from this-
Chance posted! 'That in order to camp you had to attend at least one of the ceremonies.'

Which led to my response.
Now when people come from miles away, their intention is to camp somewhere.
But this implies that I would be forced to listen to and be in the proximity of somebody that I don't want near me in order to camp.
If this is a 'legitimate' organised event, then organisers decide who they want to head such events, ceremonies etc... now this takes a lot of planning and time. If they were going to enforce a rule as this one, then they must do a CRB check (one should be done anyway) on all of the people, put in place by them to do that 'organised event'
If I want to go to the Avebury event.
I want to keep my family and myself safe when attending organised events.... I was nearly sexually assaulted ( I had to fight two bastards off me and thank goodness a car pulled over and they fled) just a couple of months go and it has left me quite badly shaken. I do not want to be forced to stand in the presence of somebody that makes me feel uncomfortable.

So I am not sorry if I have offended anybody by wanting to ask this question. And if they are offended by the question then what have they got to hide? When the question implies that for me to attend such an event so that I can camp there, then I would have to be in such close proximity to somebody, because that would be the agreement for the camping. (even if I didn't want to do that.) Then I want to make sure that they have been 'checked' and are 'fit' enough to do such an event.

Sorry for wafflng but I wish I could have posted this myself on there. But at least I have explained why I asked such a question on here first..

I have worked for charities for many years now. A few years ago paid employees had to CRB checks, but the volunteers didn't need to. But the laws have now changed so that even volunteers have to have them done, as they are put in a position of trust with members of the public and we had a duty of care too.

Mikki xxxxxx
Topic Outline:

The Modern Antiquarian Forum Index