Hi Avebury T!

Avebury Truth wrote:
megadread wrote:
Avebury Truth wrote:
megadread wrote:
Pete G wrote:
Avebury Truth wrote:

and...who was slandering who?

Expain how asking a simple valid question is slander.
Give us the Truth!

It's bullshit Pete, a wind up.

A legitimate question was asked regarding the campsite rules in response to the post by Chance, some of us asked the relevant bodies for clarification on this matter with the interest of all parties at heart.
We recieved clarification and informed interested parties through this forum, where was the harm in that. ?

There's certain people, myself included who will never allow the selfish and self obsessed to control Avebury.

Fact is unless someone questions every new rule that's laid before us some people will take it as fact and not attend for fear of breaking the rules / law etc.
Imagine no-one questioned Chances post and only people willing to listen to the druid ceremonies turned up, next year the druids will quote the precedent and ask for even tighter rules, before we know it the druids will have the power to say what goes and what doesn't at Avebury, is that what we want. ?

Only one person was dishing out the threats, only one person was using insults, only one person seemingly registered here to cause grief.
Aint that the "truth". ?

Thank *insert deity name* that some of us did stand up to this and not accept it.

Peace to all parties that love Avebury and a happy Lammas (if that's possible after this crap)

This is nothing to do with Chances post and all to do with this one...

"Someone on the Sacred Silbury forum has asked me to post this here

"Have the National Trust done a CRB check on this man before they force members of the public with their children to be in his company?
If not why not.?
The NT have got a duty of care to the public!" (PeteG)

This might be a 'valid' question when posed to the NT, but that's not who it was posed to was it PeteG? You posted it here for what purpose exactly?

Perhaps you should give us the Truth....

It seems a reasonable enough question to me.
As ex manager of an under 11 junior football team it was asked numerous times if i'd been "checked out", which is what you would expect being in the presence of kids, isn't it. ?
Why would anyone be offended at such a question. ?

Ps, do you have an e-mail address i can have, i'd like to ask you something relevant, but not in public.
You can mail me from my profile.

The 'validity' of the question is not disputed.

The 'validity' of posting the question on this site is.

Please forgive me as I don't tend to go on forums too much anymore - but this is quite a disturbing issue I'm reading here. If the issue that's being questioned is about CRB-checks being carried out over people in the megalithic/druidic arena for the protection of children, it's as valid to ask about it on this site as any other site.

Unless, of course, you think this site wants to protect those people who have histories with children or other vulnerable members of society.

This is an issue which any decent human would be concerned about & discuss openly on their forum - be it here on TMA, the Avebury Forum, on MegPortal, or anywhere else - unless of course, you're into advocating that this issue shouldn't be done on TMA. The reputation of this site, you understand, would move it into a wholly unacceptable website if we were told that such issues could not be talked of here. The implications you are inferring are dangerous and seem most self-centred. Be aware of what you are implying sir.

Yours, seriously concerned - Paulus
Topic Outline:

The Modern Antiquarian Forum Index