105 messages
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
Steve Gray
Steve Gray
931 posts

Re: The Doors of Perception
Nov 16, 2005, 14:20
Kevin

I don't think this is a case for comparing "cleverness". The reason you are finding it hard to fit in here is not so much because of what you believe, it's because of the way you seem to be oblivious to the need to explain your position in a way that others can comprehend.

For example, I posted a reply to your polygon thread suggesting that what you are finding may be the product of anticipating the result. Instead of either acknowledging that this might be a possibility or presenting an argument as to why it is not, you launched off into a diatribe about parallel lines and told me to draw some lines on a piece of paper and see what pattern I get. Any sets of parallel lines drawn at successive angles around a centre point will produce an interesting pattern. There are children's toys based on this principle. But that's hardly justification for any sort of belief system and in no way convinces me that you have any ability to see this from another point of view.

The bottom line for most of us is that we are happy to discuss almost anything as long as that discussion is a two-way street, but unfortunately it all seems to be one-way with you. Although I am sceptical, I try to be open-minded and I have tried to engage you in meaningful dialogue, but it seems to be a fruitless exercise. You seem to think that everyone else is marching out of step with you.

Steve
Topic Outline:

The Modern Antiquarian Forum Index