The Doors of Perception

105 messages
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
morfe
morfe
2992 posts

Re: The Doors of Perception
Nov 15, 2005, 11:14
I agree that because we exist in a world limited by our living consciousness - and as this consciousness is measured by birth and death we similarly imagine that the universe is built around our own model. A beginning and an end. I don't see this to be possible somehow, as everything is infinite excpet *maybe* consciousness. I feel though, that 'consciousness' exists on many levels and sends ripples out to the future in unfathomably subtle ways. If time/motion/growth/death is helical then consciousness can be all around, past, future. *If*.

I feel consciousness confounds science because it is only measuable by itself. How is that measurable in scientific terms? Empirically?

In an attempt to explain this in/finite paradox of consciousness I think we also invert our own 'model' and create a God-consciousness to explain away the paradox. And what of re-incarnation? Nature re-incarnates and changes itself via transferal of energy , yet 'consciousness' both defines and confounds us! Where does it go my lovely?
Topic Outline:

The Modern Antiquarian Forum Index