The Doors of Perception

105 messages
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
morfe
morfe
2992 posts

Re: The Doors of Perception
Nov 12, 2005, 19:02
Although it's a rum thought, I must admit I wouldn't (any longer) share most of my out-there experiences.

It's just so intensely personal and I think of little interest to anyone. True, the doors of perception are so many and so small, I'm sure there are tales that cross-over and likewise sure that all is part of the picture and no one answer because we can't agree on the question.

What I will repeat though, is an overheard conversation in a chipshop last night. All true:

A cockneyed man who was one of those with a wry glint in his eye seemed to me to be the shop owner. He was conversing with another man on my side of the counter (in truth he was conversing with the entire shop, or whomever would catch his glinting eye which he cast about like a fishing net).

It went something like this:

"Nah, reelly, ah've bin finkin'...samfin' I read...(blah blah)

...all life IS, is 'questions', innit? All wot we do is from questions. Wot we arsk arselves...yew know..."do I want to get up" in the mornin'? It's a question innit? All our life is just us arsking ahrselves questions to make decisions like. In our 'eads we are always arsking "do I want to stay in bed this morning?" "do I want to go out?" "Do I want this job" "what do I want to eat"?, ok? You wiv me?"

He then wound this one up with:

"Well, the thing is this; all you haveta do to change life for the betta is arsk y'self betta questions innit?"

Funny thing was the shop was called ... wait for it...

Cods Kitchen! So I'm made up. Mini-philosophy and large chips please :-)

HuzzzaaAH!

And Littlestone, that was a special branch intervention! Phew :-)
Topic Outline:

The Modern Antiquarian Forum Index