This topic is locked

219 messages
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
Jane
Jane
3024 posts

Re: How appropriate
Jun 24, 2005, 22:19
Mike - I genuinely AM interested in what you may or may not believe. This is because I am mostly interested in everything (OK OK, I struggle to understand maths and the opinions of the Daily Mail, but I acept that some people find them thrilling).

My kneejerk reaction to your beliefs is that you may well be a fruitcake and that you are capable of causing serious offence (witness your swastika obsession, which offends me) and that you cause deliberate harm to fragile places (chalking on WKLB) and appear to show no remorse for these actions. For these reasons I find it hard to warm to you. When you won't describe to me exactly what this 'truth' is and what will happen on 21-12-2012 I wonder on what basis you beliefs are founded.

You get me so far? OK, here's the deal. I'll describe what I believe then you describe what you believe.

I believe in the power of human ingenuity, creativity, compassion and love.
I respect the earth.
I believe that when you die you die. That's it. Over. Finished. Gone. And that people only 'live on' after death in the memories of the people that loved the dead person.

I don't believe in any gods, spirits, Jesus, Mohammed, Buddha, Santa Claus, faeries.

Your turn....
J
Topic Outline:

The Modern Antiquarian Forum Index