This topic is locked

Pages: 22 – [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 | Next ]
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
CianMcLiam
CianMcLiam
1067 posts

Re: FOAMHENGE
Jun 22, 2005, 18:31
About time you got a laugh perhaps, I've been laughing at you for months...
Paulus
Paulus
769 posts

Jun 22, 2005, 19:04
yes dad!
CianMcLiam
CianMcLiam
1067 posts

Jun 22, 2005, 19:45
If you are not here to pick a fight then why wag the finger at people and tell them they should be ashamed of themselves, they are entitled to do what they want if they aren't disturbing historic sites, as you are. You seem like a smart guy, surely you can work out that smart people need more than your ravings to convince them and dumb people aren't worth the effort convincing. I seriously doubt any of your astounding revelations would have any more impact on my life than running out of tea bags so quit saying its for my own good, and only a cop that has caught me sppeding has the right to call me 'sunshine'.

Have a nice day :)
hamish
hamish
179 posts

Jun 22, 2005, 20:21
Afraid I have to agree with the inclusion of A P and his associates,though it did add a bit of humour,I didn't die laughing but came close to it. The two progs were very good and raised interesting ideas and possibilities.

H
Lubin
Lubin
509 posts

Jun 22, 2005, 20:28
I find I have to agree with Mike on a few of his points.The programme was absolute twaddle.It told us nothing we didn't already know and as for the Driuds blessing a PLASTIC pile that will be taken down soon,I felt embarrassed for the presenters.Kate Sanderson could hardly contain her laughter at times and John Suchet looked embarrassed every time the cameras came back to him.Another Channel 5 waste of time.
Jane
Jane
3024 posts

Jun 22, 2005, 20:40
Well, I'm glad you had a good laugh at our and our friends' and colleagues' expense.

No one here was involved in programme two anyway. We don't believe in the new testament, we don't believe in ley lines, we don't believe in Arthur Pendragon and we certainly don't believe in lizard magic, or whatever cheap reptilian mummery you subscribe to.

I am very proud to have been part of a ground breaking archaeo-engineering which has challenged long-accepted methods of stone moving, and you offend us AGAIN with your cheap dismissal of a brilliant engineering experiment carried out on live TV.

We do believe in the power of human endeavour and ingenuity and THAT'S why we're proud to be Stonehengineers featured on the first programme.

It was good to hear the 'so-called' experts speak. At least they have a vague grip on reality.

Now, we'd be really pleased if you would be so kind as to shut up and stop offending people.
Jane and Moth
Moth
Moth
5236 posts

Jun 22, 2005, 20:53
Well, must admit I wasn't keen on much of prog 2. I guess for peeps that aren't THAT familiar with it, some of the more considered speculation about what went on may have been interesting.

love

Moth
Moth
Moth
5236 posts

Jun 22, 2005, 20:55
"No one here was involved in programme two anyway. We* don't believe in the new testament, we* don't believe in ley lines, we* don't believe in Arthur Pendragon and we* certainly don't believe in lizard magic, or whatever cheap reptilian mummery you subscribe to."

*Jane & I that is. (We're not trying to speak for the rest of the Stonehengineers!)

love

Moth
Pilgrim
Pilgrim
597 posts

Jun 22, 2005, 21:49
I'm prepared to tolerate your beliefs and opinions, Mike - so why is it you can't do the same with mine? What joy is there in knowingly causing upset to others who have worked long and hard to bring the skills and knowledge of the prehistoric to the mainstream present? Gordon Pipes and the Stonehengineers deserve praise and respect, not derision. Of course, you could have come and helped move the stone and you would have seen forty people from all walks of life doing something for the commonality of their purpose, but it's easier to snipe at people you don't know, isn't it?

Pilgrim
Lubin
Lubin
509 posts

Jun 22, 2005, 22:09
I did not mean to upset any of the stonehengineers with my coments.I think they did a grand job moving the stone and would have liked to be there myself.It was the overall amateurishness of the programme that I didn't like.I did have a laugh at the Stone blessing though.

Peace Lubin
Pages: 22 – [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 | Next ] This topic is locked

The Modern Antiquarian Forum Index