Lame Ass EH druid @ Silbury
This topic is locked

90 messages
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
nemeton
56 posts

Re: I glam dicenn them
Aug 04, 2004, 19:36
sorry for using quotes so much here, but felt a direct response is needed.

"I've tried to be nice, and restrained, but you just won't play nicely will you?
I'm sorry to misjudge Terry, he attended the protest for a while, but not to protest. (?!!) You'll understand how the confusion arose."

which I why I sought clarification in the prior mail

""no im sur you get enough attention!" (quote of myself)
That's the second time, but I'm really not going to rise to it. It just signals to me that you've run out of arguments,..."

you seem to think Im taking the mickey. Not at all, I meant in just as it is written - not mocking. You do get some attention in your position as part of the action group - but you seemed a private man thats all - no malice intended, sorry if it was taken the wrong way. Lots of arguemts left... ;-)

" but are still going to support the next hill-climbing exercise, despite the evident disapproval of everyone here and the fact that it obviously does harm to the cause."

Have I ever said I support the exercise? I was pointing out why some people may feel justified. It wasn i who climbed.

" Fine, a photo of your leader's backside is a wise thing..."

childish, and not MY leader. No man is.

" I'd have thought then as it's important the public understands how detached from the rest of us you are and how much we all disapprove of climbing the hill. You can hardly expect to be embraced as part of the cause if you can't do something as simple as go along with the consensus. "

Sorry for not following you 'lead' and for having an independant thought. Presentations of devisive groups to the public help of course....

"In the circumstances, your ambition for both sides of the spectrum to co-operate becomes a bit problematical."

Nothing wrong with trying. No personal agendas here,m only representaion of a cause I believe passionatley in - to save our landscape for ALL whilst using it in a respsonsible way (people may laugh here, but look at the beginning of the thread, it was personal issues and misrepresentaions that started this chore!

"Don't worry about me being deprived of attention. If I need any, I'll climb Silbury and recite parts of Beowulf - an action that would have infinitely more historical validity than what Terry did IMO. Is that OK? Everyone's "truth" is equally valid, as both you and many a burglar have said."

Good, Ill come and watch and take photos of your botty!! ;-0

"I'm not going to continue on this theme any more as I see Tombo and Earthsteppers thread further down, which is much better for the soul."

couldnt agree more,

as always,

regards

ps at least it got a few people awake ;-) too much apathy around today methinks
Topic Outline:

The Modern Antiquarian Forum Index