Stone shifting 4

149 messages
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
Steve Gray
Steve Gray
931 posts

Re: The Megalith Project Website
Sep 13, 2003, 13:41
I've registered megalithproject.co.uk and reserved stonehengineers.co.uk.

You know we are building a good team here. I won't get into mentioning names, because I might miss someone out and I would hate to subdue anyone's enthusiasm for the project. Everyone who has contributed to these discussions has been instrumental in honing the ideas into something that we can present to the world.

As Nigel says we are just lacking a qualified archaeologist, but maybe when we have a professional-looking website and a matching letterhead we will attract someone of stature.

Moth, I'm familiar with all the technical web stuff for menus, links, etc., I've done a few websites already, but I would more than welcome your expertise especially on design, layout, etc.

You're absolutely right about keeping it simple and not too wordy. Nigel's text has some good stuff in it, but as you say too much for the home page. I see a twofold purpose for this website. Primarily it's to impress and intrigue people so they'll want to know more, so we need to keep a few things up our sleeves, and secondly to be a source of news of events, such as the 10 ton trial.
Topic Outline:

The Modern Antiquarian Forum Index