Stonehenge »
Stone shifting 4

149 messages
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
nigelswift
8112 posts

Re: Names
Sep 13, 2003, 07:33
I think Baza and Moth have sprinkled magic dust on the whole project. We could talk forever but we’ll never come up with anything as good as “Stonehengineers – Moving the Megaliths”.
How about we put together a brief proposal, using that title and some nice graphics and whiz it round the internet unsolicited to every film/TV company we can find? Who could resist?

BUT I also feel very strongly we’ve got to retain a sober, non-commercial archaeological hat as well. Universities and academics will steer clear otherwise and they’ll sniff at Stage 1 and therefore damage the marketability of stage 2. It’s something our media buddies will be looking to see as well. And we still need to attract a big archaeo name to our cause, which we absolutely won’t unless we conform to their ideal.

So I suggest we have a sober academic website, The Megalith Project, with domain name to match, which can be quite brief and serious and incorporate part of Gordon’s content, and then a separate section for the Stonehengineers project.

We have absolutely no need for a bangs and whistles web presence, quite the reverse. There's nothing in it for us to have loads of US High School students logging on, much better to have a cloister to show to professors and through which to usher the money-blokes in the wide striped suits!
Topic Outline:

The Modern Antiquarian Forum Index