Stone shifting 4

149 messages
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
Steve Gray
Steve Gray
931 posts

Re: Names
Sep 13, 2003, 10:28
What a brainwave that was Baza! Absolutely terrific and I like Moth's project title. It leaves the way wide open for a second phase:
Stonehengineers - Raising the Trilithon.

I have to say that I agree with Nigel about keeping a non-confontational, sober profile at this stage. I'm afraid that "stonehengetheanswer" is too provocative. When you look at the huge amount of meticulous and painstaking effort that has gone into the excavations and the preparation of the book "Stonehenge in it's Landscape" alone, you must realise that anyone claiming to have "the answer" to Stonehenge would be seen to be sticking two fingers up at the establishment and they certainly won't like it.

Like Nigel says, I think we need a low-key website which can be used to attract the people that count, not Joe Public. The "Megalith Project" is a non-specific, non-provocative name that would serve this purpose nicely. However, I think that "Stonehengineers" is so good that we should reserve that domain name too even if we don't use it immediately. I'm happy to do that, I can reserve a domain name for about £9. It then costs an additional £20 to get it up and running, which is not a lot in the grand scheme of things.
Topic Outline:

The Modern Antiquarian Forum Index