149 messages
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
Moth
Moth
5236 posts

Re: The Megalith Project Website
Sep 13, 2003, 12:43
Hi Nigel

This is a bit frustrating - I'd really like to get involved with this bit as it's (allegedly) my area of expertise - I'm a text editor and (non-techie!) web developer by trade.

Unfortunately, the timing's bad as I'm really busy with childcare etc this weekend than I'm away until Friday with no web access, then I have intensive childcare next weekend too!

I've only got 2 mins now!!!

Any chance of holding this sort of stuff 'til I'm available again - around 22-23 Sept?

If not, no probs - I'm not saying I can work miracles or even do things that nobody else here can do, but I was picked for my job because I'm good at it!

In the meantime, I hate to say it, but your draft is WAY too text heavy, esp for a homepage.

The homepage should really just say in a few VERY short paras (preferably less than 5 lines each) the real BASICS of the project, it's aims, a VERY quick description of the technique and maybe when we plan to do it. Really simple bare-bones stuff on the homepage.

(SHIT I want to show you – but I've no time!)

Then usually you'd have a menu to take people to a page for each subject where you can get more detailed…but still not too intense – give an email address so people who want REALLY techy stuff go straight to the 'brains'.

Keep bearing in mind we're all mad obsessives here from one point of view or another,but the project might even interest relatively sane people too!!!

I don't know who is doing the actual webpages but I'm sure just about anyone who volunteers will be able to set up separate pages for the different elements you're covering & link the pages – it's pretty easy.

Bloody hell, wish I could help more NOW!

Gonna have to go – I'll try to check in later!

love

Moth
Topic Outline:

The Modern Antiquarian Forum Index