Negative Reviews

212 messages
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
Dog 3000
Dog 3000
4611 posts

Re: Further thoughts
Jul 11, 2004, 10:02
(I don't even understand what you're talking about . . . "discussion board" . . . "thread board"???

At any rate I didn't start either of these forum threads about ELP -- that was Jim Tones & Holy.)

All I did was write a review of a record that moved me . . . something I've been doing here every couple of weeks. It's "ironic" that it's become a big deal.

The "ELP" angle may be overplayed here . . . is Holy planning a major "clean up" of the Unsung reviews? That's what I'm beginning to suspect. If so, I hope he'll be forthright about these plans and adjust the intro page on Unsung to reflect whatever the new criteria for writing reviews is going to be (I always thought "unsung" was whatever the writer thought it meant.) To just start deleting people's work based on unspecified criteria and pretending that this is still a "democratic review forum" where anyone can share their opinions would not be cool.

The freedom and participation was the main reason I came here in the first place. I may not be long for reviewing here if this scenario is what unfolds (and I'm sure Holy would be fine with that. This is far from the first time there's been grumbling "from the top" about the kind of music people choose to talk about here. I can take the hint. And yes, I do feel somewhat targeted.)

I fully appreciate what "freedom of the press" means, but if certain topics or bands or genres of music are verboten, then what I understood to be the promise of the "Head Heritage community" is gone.

I'll quote this one more time, because I love & agree with everything said here:

"UNSUNG is a place for you to discover music and a place for you to turn others on to stuff they might not have heard by writing your own UNSUNG reviews. As Julian is a self-styled 'forward-thinking Motherfucker', he has no intention of limiting, editing, or even seeing your reviews before you post them. Over the years, he himself has championed many types of music which were then unfashionable . . . "

Holy: if that's not the way it is anymore, let us know what the new rules are.
Topic Outline:

Unsung Forum Index