212 messages
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
Shrimp
Shrimp
1118 posts

Re: Negative Reviews
Jul 10, 2004, 15:49
holes said the following

Unsung is for CHAMPIONING lost Rock'n'roll (did I say that already?)

I do hope this doesn't freak too many people out - yes Unsung is desperately in need of a clean-up and I didn't mean to focus on the ELP review particularly. I also agree that Pet Shop Boys, Sude, DSOTM etc. are DEFINITELY NOT Unsung!

all these artists and all others too become entrenched into our minds for various reasons and most of that then distorts our perceptions and rememberances of the actual music that they make or made - some of it may very well be good and even great and it is that very music that might have been lost due to the very fact that the artist in question is now deemed to be sung

therefore such reviews are totally relevant to unsung in my book

a great example would be floyd - dark side of the moon now that to me is a great work - however not cause or what it is - it is just that i love a great many aspects of it and it drew together a vast amount of earlier explorations into one album - dont listen to it as dark side of the moon - listen to it with ur eyes wider

now is dark side of the moon unsung - of course not cause if you havnt found it yet then you havnt been listening

now the likes of the more soundtrack - that is completely unsung and is excellent indeed for further exploration

but i or u do not set the rules and as soon as u set rules then those rules will be broken

a hitchhikers guide to unsung now that would be good however few would read it just like few actually listen
Topic Outline:

Unsung Forum Index