Unsung Forum »
Negative Reviews

212 messages
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
gorseddphungus
185 posts

Re: Sung/Unsung?
Jul 11, 2004, 09:13
'I thought it made a change from a lot of the pretentious "I-like-more-obscure-music-than-you" bollocks spouted here from time to time'

that's just so ridiculous and childish. sounds like it hurts you that people are into bands you have never heard of...

you seem to be laughing at the original objective of this forum (at the front of this site) "you want to learn share your knowledge about obscure and lost r'n'r"; if you dont like it, why not create your own site to review your favourite pop bands?

I have never heared of say suede but I have no problems with you mentioning them. they are completely unknown to me. you know as well as i do that what you consider obscure may be pretty common in other people's listening or purchasing habits. I do not know who suede are because (sorry) i tend to get/buy records from people who like the kind of music i like, I have no time to watch the TV or read the NME, you may say that is because I choose not to and deliberately be 'obscure', but other people choose TO. does this make me pedantic? I always thought what me and millions of others are into was never obscure, it always depends on your taste. and yes, the PSBs are 'unsung' for me and potentially a band to read about but so are bavarian yodelling bands for you, should I reviews those too?

There must be a limit somewhere and it is up to the administrator of this site to set it without letting the freedom get lost. No other site that i know has the freedom to talk about anything, but would people object to my reviewing barry manilow? many may say no problem, but this site is limited and one needs to be reminded from time to time where the limits lie or if there are any to consider. remember this site is the most tolerant place on the web to post reviews, a bit of reminding what the aims are is always a good thing
Topic Outline:

Unsung Forum Index