Unsung Forum »
Negative Reviews

212 messages
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
gorseddphungus
185 posts

Re: Sung/Unsung?
Jul 11, 2004, 15:11
'if you've never heard them then you've obviously been living in a cave for the past dozen years'

again, that is your ridiculous judgemental higher-than-thou attitude towards other people's lives; you think the rest of the world who dont read the nme are leading 'obscure' lives (?) i would never judge you for not knowing bands i consider top of the pops in my book; perhaps other people will even think you have been living in a cave if you think those bands are 'obscure'...

or perhaps your neighbour regards you as 'obscure' for being into bands like suede who she's never heard of ...

'My point was that there are people who appear to like music because it is obscure and not because of anything to do with the music'

That is rubbish. I dont know anyone like that, maybe there is a collector of rare vinyl covers somewhere;
it looks like you are again making assumptions on people's tastes if the musical sphere they move around diverges from your safe, personal and well known spectrum of music

'Some of the music I like is obscure, some of it isn't. The only thing it has in common is I like it'

That's what we all have in common.
Topic Outline:

Unsung Forum Index